Uptime Institute recently completed its second annual datacenter industry survey, which collected data around Digital Infrastructure deployment trends, procurement plans, measurement and standards practices, and other topics that impact the mission-critical datacenter industry.
Key findings of the survey included:
- 55% of organizations reported a datacenter budget increase over 2011.
- Nearly 50% of organizations have deployed private cloud; 25% have deployed public cloud.
- Cost reduction is the primary driver for organizations to pursue cloud computing.
- Average PUE of respondents' largest datacenter is between 1.8 and 1.89.
- Modular datacenter deployment doubled over 2011, but is still in single digits (9%).
The full survey results can be viewed here.